Saturday, June 27, 2009

We're Finished!

Where has the month of June gone? We finished school the second week but the next week was very busy getting ready for the 4-H Fashion Revue and the homeschool conference that it didn't feel like summer yet. I was frantically finishing up the portfolios that have to be turned into our school district's administration office because the week after that we had camp at our church. Last week we had to get up and leave early each morning. On top of that, the girls and I had some virus to contend with.

With relief, I unloaded the burden of the two portfolios and turned them in a couple of days ago. Freedom! This task weighs me down for at least two months at the end of every school year. I really need to be more organized and work on it little by little during the year. Now I get about a month before I have to worry about next year's objectives that have to be turned in on August 1st.

As usual, I had big summer academic plans for the girls. And already, as usual, my plans seem to be falling apart. I want them to read every day and I want Liana to do some math every day. We have several craft and sewing projects we never got around to doing during the school year. But nothing got done with our illnesses and with camp. In two weeks my son is getting married and we have lots to do to prepare for them. I remember idyllic summers of my childhood. Being outside in the dry Arizona heat, nothing to do, carefree. No activities to run to, no events to attend. Just endless summer days. Time moved very slowly. What happened?

No comments: