Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Success Builds

"Encourage one another and build each other up."
I Thessalonians 5:11.

Lord, help me today to focus on the positive and find something praiseworthy about my children rather than finding fault. They wilt under criticism but bloom with encouraging words. In turn, they encourage me with their joy and laughter when we are having a good day.

We had one of those rare, wonderful days that you think you'll have every day before you actually begin homeschooling. Both girls were cooperative and kind to each other. Liana cheerfully did her phonics worksheets and told me, "School is fun!" During the math lessons we all three played "facts of 10" and the girls thought it was a fabulous time. After a few successes Liana is more confident and eager to learn. A mom I met on-line told me that for a child like Liana, I need to put away the red pen that highlights her failures and concentrate on what she does well or how she is improving. Wise mom. Liana is in a new groove, thinking more highly of herself and her skills. Her attitude changed this mornning. It makes a world of difference in how hour day will go.

What's cooking tonight...
Crockpot Mushroom Chicken
several chicken breasts, bone-in
1 can Progresso Creamy Mushroom soup
1 envelope onion soup mix
rice or noodles
Remove skin from breasts, arrange in crockpot. Mix the two soups and pour over chicken. Cook on low heat about 8 hours. Spoon over rice or noodles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.